1½ cups unbleached all-purpose flour
1 cup whole-wheat flour
2 teaspoons cinnamon
2 teaspoons baking powder
½ cup low-fat sour cream
2/3 cup sugar
¼ cup unsweetened applesauce
¼ cup canola oil
2 teaspoons vanilla
3 Tablespoons lemon juice
Zest of 1 lemon
2 cups unpeeled shredded zucchini
1/3 cup toasted walnut pieces
2 Tablespoons confectioners’ sugar
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Coat Bundt pan with cooking spray. Lightly dust with flour and shake off excess.
- In medium bowl, sift together flours, cinnamon and baking powder. Set aside.
- In large bowl, whisk together sour cream, sugar, applesauce, canola oil, vanilla, juice and zest until blended.
- Add eggs, one at a time. Fold in zucchini. Add flour mixture and walnut pieces and fold in until completely incorporated.
- Add batter to pan, spreading evenly. Bake 35-40 minutes until knife inserted comes out clean, but moist.
- Cool for 10-15 minutes in pan.
- Before cutting to serve, lightly sift powdered sugar over top
picture source: http://nycityeats.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/ZucchiniCakesLemonAioli.jpg
by Chef David Arnold