Vaccines are very effective :
With the vaccine programs initiated before 1980, diseases like: Diphtheria, Measles, Mumps, Pertussis, Poliomyelitis, Rubella, with the congenital rubella syndrome, and the tetanus disappeared.
With the vaccine programs initiated after 1980
Diseases like Hepatitis, A Hepatitis B. Hib invasive, Pneumo invasive and varicella decreased significantly.
For every dollar spent, vaccine programs saved much more in direct medical cost and in societal costs.
Vaccines are very safe:
Safety testing begins as soon as a new vaccine is contemplated, continues until it is approved by the FDA, and is monitored indefinitely after licensure.
- Vaccination during infancy has no adverse effect on long –term neuropsychological outcome
- There is no increased risk of febrile seizures within 6 weeks of vaccination
- No data support the hypothesis that MMR would cause pervasive developmental disorder or inflammatory bowel disease.
- Data do not support a causal association between MMR vaccine and Autism.
- There is no association between MMR vaccination and autism or the “ new variant” form of autism with developmental regression and bowel problems.
- Data do not support a correlation between thimerosal – containing vaccines (Mercury Compound) and the incidence of autism.
The IOM’s Committee on immunization safety review reject a causal relationship between the MMR thimerosal – containing vaccines and autism.
by Dr. Hilda Chacar