13 oz whole wheat linguine
1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast, julienne
4 cloves garlic, minced
2 Zucchinis, julienne
2 Summer Squash, Julienne
2 bunch romaine lettuce, torn
1 cup croutons, recipe follows
2 teaspoons Italian seasoning blend, recipe follows
Pinch of red pepper flakes
2 Tablespoons olive oil
2/3 cup parmesan cheese, grated
2 lemons zested and juiced
- Cook linguine in salted water and set aside.
- Sauté chicken strips until done. Add garlic, zucchini, squash and sauté for about 2 minutes.
- Add romaine lettuce and stir until slightly wilted. Stir in the seasoning blend and add the croutons.
- In a large serving bowl, toss pasta with olive oil. Add cheese, lemon zest and juice and mix.
- Top pasta with the chicken – lettuce mixture.
by Chef David Arnold